Understanding gold loan eligibility criteria
In India, many people like to invest in gold. Most of us tend to have gold lying around in the locker at home or a bank. This gold can be a vital asset and friend.
If you are in need of funds for a medical or business emergency or to pursue your dreams, your gold ornaments can help you secure a loan. Many financial institutions offer gold loans on your valuable ornaments. These require minimum documentation and are disbursed quickly.
Through eJOHRI, you can access gold loans from many reputed financial institutions. We have tied up with top financial institutions like HDFC Bank, Fincare, Muthoot, IndiaGold, IIFL and Mangal Finance to help you avail of low-interest high-value jewel loans. Avail maximum funding against the market value of your gold with loans starting from ₹3,000 up to ₹5,000,000.
Before applying, you must be aware of the eligibility criteria and requirements, as this will fast-track the application process. Here’s all you need to know:
The good thing about a gold loan is that any citizen of India between 18 to 70 years of age (at the time of loan maturity) can apply for a gold loan. Gold should either be in the name of the applicant or one of their family members.
The employment status of the applicant isn’t of much concern. So salaried professionals as well as self-employed individuals, homemakers, students, business people, etc. can apply for a gold loan.
If you are keeping your gold ornaments as collateral, then ensure the purity is between 18-22KT. Some banks accept cold coins too, but they must be 99.99% pure and not weigh over 50gms. Most banks do not accept gold bars or bullions. Minimum weight of 10 grams gold is required for loan approval.
Benefits of gold loans
- You do not have to provide income proof and credit history to avail of a gold loan
- Since gold loans are secured loans, lenders disburse them in just a few hours
- There are either no processing fees or very low processing fees
- Gold loans have low interest rates compared to personal loans
- The onus of keeping your gold safe lies with the lender. So you can be sure to get your gold back in pristine condition
Gold loan eligibility online at eJOHRI: The process
Applying for a gold loan online on eJOHRI is faster, easier and better than visiting multiple branches or running around to figure the best rates and benefits. On eJOHRI, we check your eligibility and offer on the spot, hassle-free solutions to get a loan quickly.
Check your gold loan eligibility online with our simple 5-step process:
- Choose your loan amount and location
- Select your preferred bank
- Calculate your EMI based on the tenure
- Upload your documents for online KYC
- Collect your money after verification and valuation
Benefits of availing of a gold loan from eJOHRI:
- Easy 3 step process. Quick loan disbursal in 1 -2 hours.
- Quick and easy doorstep valuation and documentation
- Access your details online, anytime
- Transparent pricing. No hidden charges
- Your gold is completely safe with our partners
- Get the best interest rates from our selected partners
These are the standard documents required to check your gold loan eligibility online. If you are applying for a gold loan on eJOHRI, keep these handy:
- Duly filled application form
- 2 Photographs
- KYC Documents for verification (PAN Card/ Adhaar Card/Voter’s ID/Passport Copy)
- Agriculture land ownership proof if applicable
|BANK||Loan Amount||Interest Rate||Processing Fees|
|IIFL Finance||3,000 – 5 Lakh||0.83 % to 1.83 %||Depends on the scheme|
|HDFC Bank||25,000 - Unlimited||0.83 % to 1.25 %||1.5% of the loan amount|
|Muthoot Finance||20,000 – 50 Lakh||14 % to 23 %||Shared at time of application|
|Fincare Small Finance Bank||10,000 – 30Lakh||12.99 % to 22.99 %||Up to 0.5% of the loan amount|
|India Gold||10,000- 5Lakh||4.50 % to 7.50 %||No Fees|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Banks accept gold jewellery or objects that are 18 – 22KT or higher. Banks usually don’t accept gold bars or gold bullions for gold loans. Some banks/NBFCs will give you a loan against gold coins, but they must be 99.99% pure, with a weight not exceeding 50 grams.
HDFC Bank offers fixed interest rates of 0.83 % to 1.25 % per month. The interest rate is set at the time of application, based on a number of factors like tenure and amount.